FOOT CLINIC: GAITSCAN™
It is important to understand that your feet have a direct impact on the rest of your body. Your feet support you with standing and with each walking or running step. A small abnormality in foot function can have a large impact on joints and muscles higher up in the body, leading to pain and discomfort.
Research shows that 60-70% of people have abnormally functioning feet. An accurate assessment of foot function is therefore essential to the effective management and treatment of all foot, ankle, shin, calf, Achilles, knee, hip and lower back pain or discomfort as poor foot biomechanics may be the cause of the problem.
At Accent Physiotherapy we utilise state of the art GaitScan™ technology to digitally analyse your feet and provide our physios with a clear objective picture of your foot mechanics. Our experienced physios can then determine accurately what is causing your problem and address it with the best treatment techniques available. Should orthotic therapy be required to solve your problem our physiotherapists are able to design custom fitted orthotics to meet your individual needs.
If you suffer any foot, knee, hip or back pain then call Accent Physio today and we will make you feel better from the ground up!
For an appointment or further information, please contact the friendly staff at Accent Physiotherapy.
Call us on (08) 93880533 or email us: email@example.com
WHAT IS GAITSCAN™?
GaitScan™ technology is a state-of-the-art electronic system that allows your physio to assess your foot mechanics with outstanding accuracy and reliability. It detects abnormal foot function which may be causing various problems throughout your body. The system produces a series of reports which enables your physio to treat you more effectively. This analysis, combined with our Physiotherapy knowledge and experience, will detect abnormal foot function which may be affecting your feet or contributing to any other problems that you may have throughout your body.
GaitScan™ can assist your physiotherapist in diagnosing possible causes of your:
- Chronic Low Back Pain
- Pelvic Joint Pain
- Hip Joint Pain
- Knee Joint Pain
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Heel and Ankle Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
WHO SHOULD HAVE A GAITSCAN™?
The GaitScan™ system helps our physios to provide you with the highest quality effective care for many situations. If you agree with any of the statements below, a GaitScan™ could be of great value to you:
- My feet are sore on a regular basis.
- I have pain in my Achilles tendon or calf muscle.
- I spend a good portion of my day standing or walking on hard surfaces.
- I play sport regularly.
- Standing, walking or running gives me joint pain (ankles, knees, hip or back)
- I am over 40 years old.
- I have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns, etc).
- One of my legs is shorter than the other.
- I have knock-knees or bow-legs.
- My shoes wear out quickly or unevenly.
- My parents had foot related symptoms.
HOW DOES A GAITSCAN™ ASSESSMENT WORK?
- Scanning your Foot As you walk across the electronic pressure-sensitive plate thousands of tiny sensors capture the distribution of pressure of your foot over time.
- Mapping your Foot Pressure From your scan, the computer displays 2D and 3D visual representations of the pressure under your foot.
- Your reports are visualised, assessed and compared Your scan information is presented in a series of reports that will be compared to an “ideal” foot scan. Your physio will show you your results, discuss them with you, and interpret deviations from normal movement. The report findings enable your physio to evaluate if the pain you are experiencing is related to faulty foot function, and if so, how best to correct it.
- Do you need orthotics? The information from these reports will allow your physio to determine if you need orthotic therapy, and they will discuss the reasons for this with you.
- Your scan data is sent directly to the orthotics laboratory If it is determined that you will benefit from custom orthotics your information is sent to the lab to have custom made orthotics manufactured specially for your feet. You will have your new orthotics within 3 weeks from the time your scan data is sent.