Acupuncture is a form of treatment which involves needling to altered or dysfunctional tissues in order to improve or restore function. This may include needling of myofascial trigger points (over contractile muscle tissue), periosteum (lining of bone) and other soft tissues. Acupuncture is a very safe from of treatment and a large percentage of patients report improvement of symptoms the day of receiving acupuncture/dry needling treatment. At Accent Physio our therapists are trained to use dry needling as an adjunct to traditional physiotherapy or massage therapy or alternative treatment option.
Don’t you deserve the opportunity to feel healthier and happier with dry needling provided at Accent Physiotherapy? Not only is dry needling aimed at decreasing your pain from acute and chronic injuries, headaches, neck pain and low back pain, but you will feel lighter, have increased physical mobility and a greater awareness of your healthy body and immune system, and enjoy greater mental clarity. Contact us or speak with your therapist to discuss the suitability of this treatment for you. Below are just some of the common benefits of dry needling experienced by patients of Accent Physio:
- Improved range of motion & joint flexibility.
- Decreased medication dependence.
- Enhanced immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Helped athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improved the condition of the body
- Decreased depression and anxiety.
- Promoted tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and improving nerve flow.
- Improved circulation – pumping oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Reduced post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduced spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release of endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
Call now on (08) 9388 0533 to make an appointment to see an Accent Physio therapist for dry needling.